Lake Louise, in the Heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains is a great place for the Avalanche Safety Training level 2. With a variety of snowpack structure and terrain that is crucial for advanced avalanche training in the mountains. This is a 4 day course which involves previous touring experience, if you are unsure if you are ready contact us at [email protected] or sign up for an AST 1 course.
- Day one of class in the Guides room at the Lake Louise Alpine Center, some components of the day will take place out side.
- Three days touring with a professional guide, this is a stepping stone for learning that all serious enthusiasts need to take
- Companion Rescue
- Deep burials, multiple burial scenarios
- leading a group up & down in challenging and complex avalanche terrain
- Risk tolerance and decision making model
- Snowpack analysis using a variety of online and onsite tools
- Understanding online weather products and changing mountain weather
- Avalanche Canada Curriculum and professional field book for field notes and weather observations
- All instructors are certified by the Canadian Avalanche Association and hold Professional membership and the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and or the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations.
- Maximum 8 students:1 instructor on the field days
- Certificate of completion from AAA and Avalanche Canada
Cost does not include accommodation, food or transportation. A detailed information package will be emailed to you with registration.