Rogers Pass is a great place for the Avalanche Safety Training level 2 with a variety of snowpack structure and terrain that is crucial for advanced avalanche training in the mountains. With so much challenging and complex terrain The Pass will keep even the most experienced back country users engaged. This is a 4 day course which involves previous touring experience, contact us.
- One day of class in the Guides room at the Lake Louise Alpine Center, some components of the day will take place out side. We will be staying in Golden B.C. for the following 3 days travelling to the Pass daily.
- Three days touring with a professional guide, this is a stepping stone for learning that all serious enthusiasts need to take
- Companion Rescue
- Deep burials, multiple burial scenarios
- leading a group up & down in challenging and complex avalanche terrain
- Risk tolerance and decision making model
- Snowpack analysis using a variety of online and onsite tools
- Understanding online weather products and changing mountain weather
- Avalanche Canada Curriculum and professional field book for field notes and weather observations
- All instructors are certified by the Canadian Avalanche Association and hold Professional membership and the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and or the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations.
- Maximum 6 students:1 instructor on the field days
- Certificate of completion from AAA and AV Can
Cost does not include accommodation, food or transportation. A detailed information package will be emailed to you with registration.