Rock climbing is an exciting way to experience the beauty of the mountains. It’s also dangerous. Learning to respect the dangers of climbing and deal with them appropriately is crucial. If you’re new to climbing, check out these important rock climbing Banff safety tips. Read More
If you’re looking for unforgettable outdoor adventures, then Banff is the place to go. Hiking, skiing, scrambling, rock climbing, and more, Banff offers a world of possibility to outdoor enthusiasts. Get ready to explore by adding these six ultimate outdoor Banff adventures to your bucket list. Read More
Summer is an ideal time to plan an alpine trip. The beauty of the mountains is amazing, and you can’t wait to get out there and test your skills. But if this is your first alpine adventure, you may be wondering what you should do to get ready. Here are some tips for preparing for your first alpine climbing adventure.
Choose the Right Alpine Climbing Trip
There are many beautiful areas to explore, but some are more challenging than others. Something that’s too difficult can leave first timers with a negative experience. Picking a suitable area for your first time gives you a great sample of touring without being too overwhelming.
Research Banff Alpine Climbing
Once you’ve narrowed down the area, research as much as possible. Consider transportation options, potential objectives, the cost of campsites, and alpine climbing tours.
Get in Shape for Alpine Touring
Good overall fitness is crucial for Banff alpine climbing. Prepare for your trip with long days of climbing with big boots and a heavy bag. Walking up hills carrying a big bag is the backbone of alpine training.
Pack Light for your Alpine Trip
Keep your pack as small and lightweight as possible. Shave off as many extra features as possible from clothing and gear; all the little things add up.
Keep Your Plans Flexible
Weather and other factors impact alpine touring, so be ready to change your plans as needed. Once you get on the mountain, you might discover a better objective than you had planned.
Climb in Banff with Others
Travelling with a group is a great way to enjoy good company and learn from the mistakes of others. Preparing for your Banff alpine climbing adventure is an exciting time. These tips can help you get ready for a wonderful trip enjoying the beauty and challenges of the mountains.
Alpine Air Adventures offers tours for all experience levels and abilities. Get ready to explore the beauty of Banff with our team of expert guides!
Alpine Air Adventures is a Banff based guided tour company that is dedicated to showcasing the beauty of the mountains through adventure and challenge. We offer tours to suit every skill level and athletic ability, from rock climbing to hiking to skiing. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Contact our team today to book your adventure!
E-mail: [email protected]
Banff National Park and the surrounding area is spectacular and inspiring. The many hiking trails provide opportunity to slip away from the stress of daily life and enjoy glittering lakes and breathtaking views. In this magical world, it’s hard to go wrong when choosing Banff hikes.
Five Popular Banff Hiking Tours
- Mt Yamnuska Alpine Scramble – Mt Yamnuska is an impressive rock wall that awes visitors as they drive from Calgary into the mountains. A favorite of rock climbers, there is also a trail for those who prefer to hike to the top.
- Edith Pass to Cory Pass – This classic hike in Banff rewards visitors with amazing views. Enjoy wildflowers, mountains, streams, and the mystical beauty of the Valley of the Gargoyles.
- Stanley Glacier Alpine Valley – A gentle climb through forest and alpine meadow to the stunning Stanley Glacier. Cascading waterfalls, alpine shrubbery, and sheer cliffs delight the eyes of hikers along this popular trail.
- Heart Mountain Alpine Loop – In the shape of a heart, this mountain makes for a great day trip scramble. One of the first passable alpine trails in summer, Heart Mountain offers amazing views along the trail and at the summit. If you’re new to hiking, consider a guided hiking tour.
- Sentinal Pass – Start at Moraine Lake and take the trail to the summit of Sentinal Pass. The grand beauty of the Rocky Mountains shines along this favorite trail, including majestic fir trees, high alpine meadows, and fresh glacial rivers.
Enjoy Natural Beauty of Banff Hikes
Banff hiking tours offer visitors stunning views and majestic scenery. Summer is an ideal time to enjoy the beauty of this area, so explore this spectacular area by trying multiple Banff hikes this summer.
Explore the beauty of Banff with Alpine Air Adventures!
Ready to choose your next adventure? Contact us today!
Ha d a great wintery day out on Cascade falls & Rogans Gully, Banff National Park. Conditions were excellent on Cascade and a bit thin on Rogans Gully. Such a classic above the town of Banff, hard to beat.