Lake Louise in the Heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains is a great place for the Avalanche Safety Training level 2. With a variety of snowpack structure and terrain that is crucial for advanced avalanche training in the mountains. This is a 4 day avalanche course which involves previous touring experience, if you are unsure if you are ready contact us at [email protected]
- One day of class in the Guides room at the Lake Louise Alpine Center, some components of the day will take place outside.
- Three days touring with a professional guide, this is a stepping stone for learning that all serious enthusiasts need to take
- Companion Rescue
- Deep burials, multiple burial scenarios
- Leading a group up & down in challenging and complex avalanche terrain
- Snowpack analysis using a variety of online and onsite tools
- Canadian Avalanche Association Curriculum and professional field book for field notes and weather observations
- All instructors are certified by the Canadian Avalanche Association and the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and or the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations.
- Maximum 8 students:1 instructor on the field days
Learn More about AST 2 Lake Louise